We called TruGreen to fertilize our yard.My husband called them and set it up.

The second month, we receive two invoices, one for cinch bugs and the other for fertilizer. I called them to tell them we never asked for the cinch bug service and wanted to be credited back the extra 54 dollars, which was charged on top of the 54 dollars for the regular service. They pulled the voice recorded conversation up, with my husband "authorizing" the service. However, it was a foreigner that could barely speak English.

We were completely unaware the services would cost extra.

This goes to show you bad business!!People are hurting in today's economy and TRUGREEN is TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US!

Wildwood, Florida, United States #422672

You got what is known as a "double app" which is also known as a "2 in 1 spray". What they are doing is just mixing fertilizer & insecticide together in one tank. This allows them to spray the lawn just once, yet leave 2 bills for 2 different services.

To read more goto www.scamfound.com

Wildwood, Florida, United States #419687

As a TruGreen employee I can say that YOU WERE SCAMMED.Because Chinch Bugs are "surface feeding" insects.

And it is TruGreen policy to treat all surface feeding insects for FREE.If any TruGreen employee trys to charge you for this, then "Yes" YOU'RE BEING SCAMMED!

I just got chinch and fertilizer/*** killer today. They said nothing on the note about watering it in. Should I?

Many employees or various companies search through consumer complaint websites looking for propaganda spreading morons, such as yourself. Someone has to defend the company if they believe in it against stupidity. What if it were your company?

TruGreen is taking a proactive approach to a resistant turf damaging insect. You may be receiving 2 applications on the same day (mixed together yes), but you are paying the same amount of money annually that you agreed to......TruGreen notified you of this. But, you clearly never opened your mail. Not their fault.

Just call the office and ask them.

There is no scam here.

There is no purposeful intent here.

We are trying to do the right thing and you aren't even trying to hear what they have to say.

dj, I'm a trugreen tech and what you're saying is half right.We still use Talstar for insecticide uses as it helps to knock down other insects, but chinch have now developed resistance.

Hence the need for Arena. Arena takes up to two weeks to take effect. Arena's systenic and has to be watered the same day for it to take effect because the grass has to absorb it. Chinch bugs essentially suck water out of the st.

augustine and inject poison. Once the grass has absorbed the arena and the chinch bugs do their thing, they die soon after. It protects with proper watering and mowing for 6-9 weeks treatment. The next time TruGreen is out for servicing your lawn, read the paper they leave on your door or call them and ask them to verify what I'm telling you if you don't believe me.

I understand your frustration, but next time, do a little research before you go bashing a company please. We do our best to make your lawn look as good as it can, but most people don't even know you're supposed and allowed by law to water your lawn the the same day you receive treatment(technically 24 hours).

And you water one hour per zone twice a week and any less than an hour the grass will develop a shallow root system.Thank you

this is another example of how anoing the home owner is when it comes to landscaping and horticultured.i am spray tech for a florida landsc.

company, they do apply a product mix with a fertilizer wich the main ingredient is bhiphentrum wich kills the chinch bug that its in the ground but doesnt stay on the groung for more than 7 to 10 days so for any egg that hatches afterwar will grow and kill the lawn no residual been on the ground to kill it. chinch bugs have been very resistant to this product because of people been over usen them. what people are chargin you extra is maybe for a product thats out in the market and works really good and has a residual of up to 90 days but its very expensive. the same happens when they charge you for a one time treatment app.

for ants , its because it has a residual of uop to a year, you still might still see some ants , but not to the extent of not app the product. tru green also has free service calls in case you are not satisfide with the service.

but to keep it real you alwasys going to have some problems with big companys beacause they have to meet a daily budget thats really high and because of the come and goes you might have a differnet spray tech on every visit.but do your research first before you :cry so much..

All sales made by TruGreen Salespeople are verified, the services are explained in absolute detail to each customer.Nothing is added to an account without verification, if by human error or data entry error something is added, they use the verification and every single time if it is company error the customer is credited or given equal or more expensive service in trade (depending on customer and their willingness to compromise).

Do mistakes happen....Heck yes, you want to know why, every single person who works their is 100% human (even if they have a foreign accent).

Goodness gracious, I had surgeries that had horrible complications, and I never complained as much as some of you do about your *** lawns!

To: Trugreen Customer

I forgot to mention that the neighbors on both sides of me also used Trugreen for a short time and then cancelled because they were not satisfied with the services. Trugreen has a lot of customers in my neighborhood, but none of them has a nice lawn. The two best lawns belong to guys who do everything themselves.

To: Trugreen Customer

It sounds to me like you work for Trugreen.If you are such a satisfied customer, why are you on a web site called pissedconsumer.com????

The only reason I have stayed with Trugreen for so long is that they are cheaper than all the other companies I got quotes from - not because Trugreen is the best. They keep spraying the weeds in my yard but they never die.

The only reason I keep using them is that they are better than nothing.I used to have a beautiful yard, but it has gone downhill in the last few years, so they are not doing a very good job anymore.

Wyandanch, New York, United States #150360

To DJ:

DJ I'm only stating the facts; TruGreen its a good company or do you have a different reason for sticking with them for 9 years? I been with them for 3 and so far I'm happy and I will stay with them for as long as they show me they can take care of my lawn...

To: Trugreen Customer

If Area is a new product that they just starting using for chinch bugs, why do I have an invoice from Sept 2009 that shows they used this same product at no extra charge when they appplied fertilizer and *** control at the same time???? They didn't send me an extra invoice for the Arena treatment last year!

Wyandanch, New York, United States #150220

DJ if you are such an expert in lawn you should do your own lawn instead of spreading lies! This is why they are using the ARENA(CHINCH BUG APPLICATION) now:

For the past several years, the synthetic pyrethroid bifenthrin (Ex.Talstar®, Bifen) has been the primary insecticide used by lawn care professionals to manage southern chinch bug. Bifenthrin provides rapid

knockdown of chinch bugs and up to four weeks of control. HOWEVER,DUE TO OVER USE, chinch bug resistance to bifenthrin has become a major issue in many parts of Florida1 and resistance is growing even worse.

In cases where bifenthrin is no longer effective, lawn care professionals have been forced to adopt alternative chemistry for control of southern chinch bug. Based on university trials, the neonicotinoid

insecticide ARENA has become recognized as THE BEST OPTION for control of pyrethroid-resistant chinch bug.

Arena offers the following benefits to lawn care professionals:

• Effective control of southern chinch bugs – pyrethroid-resistant and susceptible

• Long residual – up to 8 weeks of control

• Excellent control of white grubs

• Longer soil half-life than other neonicotinoids – longer residual

• Lower water solubility than other neonicotinoids – less vulnerable to summer rains

• Does not include a pyrethroid - does not increase bifenthrin resistance

• Good rotation partner for bifenthrin (where chinch bugs are susceptible to bifenthrin)

• Sprayable and granular formulations available

Arena may take 7-14 days to provide curative control of chinch bugs. Therefore, for best results, apply Arena

preventively before chinch bug populations reach damaging levels. To help maintain the viability of bifenthrin

as an effective management tool for chinch bugs, rotate with Arena and other effective products, and do not

mix Arena with bifenthrin or apply premixes containing bifenthrin except where necessary.

They are just trying to provide their customers with the best products to give them the best results possible!!! and that's what I was looking for! For that reason I hired TruGreen!!!!

They claim that the chinch bug treatment is separate, but it isn't.It's mixed in with the fertilizer and *** control that they do at the same time.

The extra bill for the chinch bug treatment is a scam. It's just a way for them to squeeze more money out of their customers.

There never used to be an extra charge for chinch bug control.I have been using Trugreen for 9 years, and this is the first time they have ever sent two invoices for one service call.

I have been a Trugreen customer for 9 years.The chinch bug treatment has always been applied along with fertilizer and *** control at the same time for one price.

There has never been a separate charge for just the chinch bug treatment. They mix everything together and spray it on the lawn at the same time, so it doesn't take them any longer than any other service call. They did send out a letter announcing this "new technology" for chinch bug protection and stated that there would be an extra charge for it, but they did not say that it was going to be the full cost of a regular service call. They charged me $l23.90 for spending no more than 10 or 15 minutes at my house.

Why should they paid double when everything was done in one application?That is just outrageous!

same thing they did to us.Just said this stuff was new and really good.

I was never told we would be charged 51.00 for chinch bug spary. I asked if I did not want the bug spray which is in the reg lawn applications, how was I going to get the lawn application without the bug stuff.

They just rip people off.When gas prices went up two years ago they said they had to charge more, but when the prices went down they never dropped their prices.

I just started with trugreen a few months ago and so far the service has been ok.What it really bugs me its people like you that find reasons to complain when the fault its yours!

When I decided to go with trugreen the sales rep explained all the services and prices and on top of that someone from the verification department call me as well to make sure that the number of treatments prices and address was correct, they make that call to make sure you understand exactly what you are getting!! they also mentioned the Chinch bug app and the winter app and they tell you again that in those 2 times you WILL RECEIVE 2 TREATMENTS AND 2 BILLS!!!! after stating that again they ask: "do you have any questions?""!!! How is that a scam when they are telling you up front TWICE!!!

what the charges are going to be!! Yes the young man from verification had an accent but it was easy to understand! if something is not clear all you have to do is ask!

I think your problem lies in the lack of communication between you and your husband!!DO NOT LET HIM GO SHOPPING AROUND IF HE DOESN'T LIKE TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT HE BUYS!!!

Just had a conversation with them, they made it very clear about this service and how it would be structured. I didn't have any questions, whether i get the service or not is up in the air but the payments were really clear.

thats not uncommon, its a company full of money hungry ***'s, the sad fact is that they probably didnt do the chinch service on purpose they propably ment to do that to another lawn did it to yours and are too proud to admit it, i was asked to make a fake recording of a customers voice approving a 600$ aeration and over seeding, i didnt , reported the incident to the "confidential" hot line service master offers us and the next day sent home for a week and didnt receive pay.