2.8
Turnaround Time

Update by user May 31

Nathan Peterson, TruGreen service manager, came to see the lawn today.He offered to have the yard aerated next week to promote grass growth - free of charge.

In September, TruGreen will come out and aerate again and seed the bare areas with fescue - again free of charge.

He said he would make it right.At this moment, I have an erosion problem over our septic tank due to lack of grass, so I hope his plan works.

Original review posted by user May 23

I have been with TruGreen for one year.I had a lot of weeds so entered a year-long contract with them.

The first technician did not spray the entire yard, claiming the gates were locked (there is a latch on one gate and an open, hanging lock on the other one - for pool safety), but they were not locked. Other technicians came monthly but I seldom saw them. Toward the end of our year's contract with TruGreen, I noticed large bald spots. Dead areas.

I called the company, but only spoke to customer service. Then my husband, who has been pretty much housebound for the last two years but, with therapy has recently been able to walk to the mailbox, saw the grass for the first time in months. He was furious when he saw the lawn. "What happened to the grass?" he demanded.

I didn't know what to say so I answered that I supposed we had a lot of weeds. Later, a salesman called and said our bushes had been tested at UGA and we had aphids and they determined that we needed a tree and bush treatment. I agreed to let them treat the bushes because the sales rep promised that TruGreen would fix the dead areas in our yard with grass seed during my next scheduled appointment at no additional cost to me. The bush/ tree/shrub guy that came was here maybe ten minutes.

I cancelled the tree and bush treatments and called customer service. Of course there is no manager on site. Finally, a manager did call but left the customer service number as a callback number!! Again, I was forced to explained my bald/muddy yard and discovered that the salesman had lied and TruGreen would not fix my lawn.

I could, however, purchase an aeration/seeding service in the fall. In frustration, I just cancelled the service with them. I know now that I made a mistake in canceling the service. I should have held their feet to the fire, but you have to jump through so very many hoops to be heard.

So now my once beautiful, albeit weedy, yard is, at least, a 50% - 70% dirt/mud puddle (with the recent rain) and I am going to have to plant sod. This service was expensive and the irresponsibility on TruGreen's part will cost me even more money and time in repairing the mess they have created. I have just wasted a bunch of money, got poor service, and my grandkids have mud to play in. Oh, and my neighbors, none of whom use TruGreen, have beautiful lawns.

TruGreen should be embarrassed to put out their little placard on my lawn each month.I know that I am!!!

Review about: Trugreen Lawn Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Last technician.

I didn't like: No attempt to rectify situation, Not being able to talk directly to a manager.

Had an Experience with Trugreen?

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1349989

Same exact nightmare for me. Damaged lawn and same experience with customer service. Horrible!

to Anonymous #1350054

I am so sorry.I am not giving up.

I am writing on their FaceBook page again and, someone contacted their state's Attorney General. I got an estimate of $3000 to have the grass re-sodded. My husband is a disabled veteran.

This would be SIX months of his disability check.I am very pissed.