2K views

We warned.When you cancel lawn service with TruGreen, they will keep coming and keep billing you.

That's what they did to me. Be sure to send a certified letter with return receipt to cancel service. Be sure to date it and state that you will not pay for service beyond that date. Don't take them at their word when you call--they will pretend not to know what you meant.

I know it is a nuisance to go to the post office and extra expense, but it is the only way to stop them.

They are totally unethical.My contract expired 8 months ago, so that is not an issue.

Review about: Trugreen Lawn Service.

Had an Experience with Trugreen?

Comments

I work for TruGreen and all these complaints are 100% on the mark.If you cancel your service and you have a gate, LOCK IT!

We can't charge you if the back isn't done. (Not that they still won't try!) Please don't blame the Tech that does your lawn, as he is basically forced to do the job. Some of the Techs are *** and they will do your lawn, (or sometimes just part of it), without knocking on the door. Knocking is company policy.

Anytime a customer cancels, the Tech is the one that gets blamed. Even if the customer has moved or died, the Tech gets negative points on his Net Promoters Score. I once went to a home for the first time, and the lady said she was going to sue me for coming to her house. She told me that she had already canceled 3 times to 3 different people!

I didn't even know she ever cancelled. In the end she apologized to me and said that she felt bad for me. I even had a gun pulled on me once for trespassing when I was going to do a lawn, and a dog sent out at me! All of this happens because the company won't take NO for an answer.

I was taken out of my route and put in another because I refused to do cancelled houses.

It's all about the management putting pressure on the Techs to bring in revenue for the company any way they can.I will agree Trugreen isn't good to its customers, but a lot of employees are getting hosed too!

Wildwood, Florida, United States #420108

I know fisrt hand the actual name of "evilscuba" is Jon Skibo.(see post just below).

Jon Skibo [a.k.a. evilscuba] is a Manager for TruGreen somewhere in s.e. Michigan. I am not sure which TG Branch he is managing at this point; As he get transfered about once avery 1-2 years.

This is due to his vauious scams that he commits against the company and customers.

I just find it funny that he accuses all of these posters of "making these storys up" and telling lies!

evilscuba/Jon Skibo has NO room to talk in this dept.:sigh

to "evilscuba" actual name #587706

Actually, I know for a fact that the guy calling himself "evilscuba" on this site is really an employee named Steve that works as a scamming salesman at the TruGreen branch in Buffalo, NY

funny how you people leaving the comments and problems are make up storys and even if your not telling a lie! ya need to learn how to cancel better or talk to the trugreen guy doing ur lawn!!

same problem.I expressed dissatisfaction with their service, the fact there were additional charges added in the middle of what I thought was a contract along with a brown lawn.I stated in no uncertain terms that we were through.no more service.2 days later I find they've come and poured some more chemicals on my pathetic looking lawn,Then the bill comes along with cancellation and suspension of service threats,They want 42 dollars and they've hounded me for it.