My neighbors use TruGreen.Their lawn looks dead.

Mine is green. I don't use a lawn service or lawn chemicals. My soil is the same as theirs. The point is that TruGreen tells my neighbors that the chemicals are safe and "organic-based," which to me means the base can be organic with anything added to it.

TruGreen came a month ago and sprayed *** and grub killer on my neighbors' lawn in 40 mile an hour winds in advance of a big rain storm. Not surprisingly, the spraying didn't work because what chemicals didn't get blown all over the neighborhood got washed down the storm drain. A month later they are here again. My tongue is burning and I have a headache so I assume TruGreen is Spraying a generous dose.

The man who sprayed wore only rubber gloves for protection and no mask or protective clothing. His pants were wet to the knees with lawn chemicals. It is supposed to rain for the next five days so he will be back again in a month when my neighbors complain that the grubs and weeds remain. Why do my neighbors, also my friends, place their fear of weeds and grubs and love for their lawn ahead of the environment and their friends' and neighbors' health?

They do it because TruGreen sales people have told them that their products are safe and organic based and will dissipate within 48 hours. My neighbors don't seem to get that dissipate means to go into the air for all of us to breathe. Grrrrrr.

I hate TruGreen.Agressive sales and deceptive practices.

Review about: Trugreen Lawn Service.

Fulton, New York, United States #1024322

So do I.This is perhaps the most vile company on Earth.

How is it even legal?I live right on a *** river; a major tributary to Lake Ontario (the drinking water for millions).

Buffalo, New York, United States #995461

Looking to move my amazingly nice neighborhood just because of the toxic smell and dangers.

Solon, Iowa, United States #849869

Tru Green poisoned my land today.In my 60 plus years I have never sprayed any chemicals .

They sprayed my property which was the wrong address. And then they blew me off. So my organic garden is no more. My tongue and lips are tingling.

This is an outrage. They need to remove the soil and grass and replant.

They need to be prosecuted for poisoning my land, my family, my pets and the wildlife that inhabits my land!HELP!

Tru Green advertises on the net that their fertilizer is safe for lakes. But it contains bone meal which is composed of phosphorus, one of the two worst ingredients (along with nitrates) to go into a lake. They both promote growth of plants - which means hello invasive species such as Eurasion milfoil and goodbye to swimming and boating in the lake because the weeds will grow!!

I am a Trugreen employee. I don't understand your "head ache and itchy tongue" I spray these chemicals 40+ hours a week and have never experienced these symptoms. Perhaps yoy should see a doctor.

to TruthGreen #986186

Everyone is different some people are more susceptible than others.Some people's bodies are very sensitive to chemicals.

When I am around the smell of certain plastics, pesticides and herbicides, and even strong perfumes, I not only get a headache and sore throat, but I am often dizzy and vomiting.

I won't say you are lucky as your tolerance equals longer term exposure, which will very possibly translate to health concerns down the line for you.

There are too many studies linking workers with long term health problems including respiratory diseases and cancers.I guess some people's bodies are better warning them than others.

to Anonymous #1012249

Your sensitivity is your problem, not your neighbors.

to TruthGreen Fulton, New York, United States #1024329

You must be an ***. I can taste that shi*! Enjoy your terminal cancer before you turn 60.

Emporia, Virginia, United States #750512

TruGreen "ChemicalLawn" is doing nothing but poisoning OUR planet.They hire inexperienced seasonal workers that couldn't care less, nor know how to do their jobs correctly.

After researching the myriad of complaints against their parent ServiceMaster; I ask everyone to BOYCOTT any of their businesses. All of the lawsuits against their companies are DISGRACEFUL!

One lie will lead to more!Help save our planet!!

TruGreen poisons our environment. Honestly the fact that people don't see it is beyond me. All lawn sprays should be illegal!!!!!

I worked for TruGreen for 7 years.I stuck it out for that long under the expectations that things would get better.

Ultimately I got fed up and quit as I was tired of being lied to. TruGreen could not care less about the chemical contamination of our communities. They had me out on properties 10 times a year; sometimes applying pesticides in the pouring rain. (Light rain is good/Heavy rain is NOT!).

And also had Techs spraying trees & shrubs in 40mph winds. (Any spraying over 20mph is wrong!). Work days were NEVER called-off due to bad weather. Managers would just tell us to work though the heavy rain & high winds.

"We can't take the risk of not hitting budget for the week/month/year." they would tell us. And yes, the sales tactics that Trugreen uses are very agressive, and deceptive!!!

Renton, Washington, United States #589042

Trugreen, like any company, is not perfect, but I have used their service for 20 years. They rarely have to spray herbicides and have used a phosphate product for 20 years. Did you know that truly organic fertilizers (From compost or animal waste) are loaded with phosphorous? The pelletized synthetic stuff they use is much safer for the environment because it has no phosphorous. If you look carefully at the hoses they use for liquid lawn treatment, you will notice that there are actually two hoses connected together - One is for the environmentally friendly urea nitrogen and the other is for the pesticide which is put down with large droplets that wouldn't drift more than a foot off target even in 40 mph winds - the pesticides are delivered only as needed through the second hose - not blanket applied. The pesticides take over 10 years of testing by the EPA before being allowed on the market. If your body is reacting to something, it's likely not the pesticides - Or, in some extreme cases, folks are registered with the state as Chemically sensitive (Very rare cases).

Additionally, the fertilizers break down in the soil - not into the air as was commented by someone. If Trugreen's treatment procedures were polluting our environment as badly as some folks claim, the EPA would have to shut them down. I sense a degree of exaggeration in some of the posts I've read.

As for their customer service, I hear they have just spent several million dollars upgrading their systems.

As for sales, how would your business do without a sales strategy - I suspect you would be unemployed without sales in your business. I politely tell folks "No Thank You" In fact, I am on TruGreen's Do Not Solicit list. They don't call me anymore for upsells.

to Zayph0d Atlanta, Georgia, United States #623555

:upset (Insert Scooby Doo baffled noise)

You are kidding, right? The EPA doesn't test any lawn or agricultural chemicals for ANY amount of time. They allow a product on the market based on what the manufacturer tells them. After it has been on the market for several years, scientists begin to measure its impacts on the environment and on people and animals. If they find harm is being done, then it usually has to come up for reregistration before the EPA will even take a look at it. This process may take years and the big chemical companies have mega-dollars to influence the process. Many home and yard chemicals have been taken off the market when they proved harmful, but only after years and years of people being exposed and harmed by them.

Not all of the "fertilizers" or pesticides "break down in the soil". The chemical stench that can be smelled several houses away, is off-gassing. You smell it because it is in the air. Nitrogen fertilizers release nitrogen into the air (upper atmosphere ozone depletion). Virtually all lawn chemicals get moved by water, into the street, down the storm drain, into streams, lakes, rivers, etc. Even organic fertilizers impact algae growth in water and water quality.

Many are extremely persistent. That is a selling point-this will keep the weeds out of your yard for.....

Many are endocrine disruptors. That is how they kill the weeds and the bugs. That means they mess with the hormonal systems in the body like sex development, blood sugar, ability to process toxins. There is serious scientific research happening about fetal pesticide exposure causing homosexuality and transsexualism, both have been shown to be actual changes in brain areas that occurred during early fetal brain development.

A 40yr veteran of the EPA (a constant whistleblower) described the EPA as the "establishment protection agency".

PS Someone needs to tell the applicators in my neighborhood that pesticides aren't supposed to be "blanket applied" and tell the chemicals that they aren't supposed to blow in 40 mph winds.

Nothing that addicts your lawn to chemicals (because it kills off the micro-organisms that help it process natural nutrition) is healthy (for you or the lawn). It is all about corporate profit.

Cosmetic lawn care.:sigh

to Kate's grandma Norfolk, Virginia, United States #639518

I agree with most of your comment however nitrogen does not destroy ozone.I work in the HVAC business and can tell you that it is chlorine not nitrogen.

Nitrogen is an inert gas.

It makes up about 60-70% of the atmosphere.But I do agree with you trugreen sucks.

to Kate's grandma Columbus, Ohio, United States #1295609

Very informative

to Kate's grandma Chicago, Illinois, United States #1322464

EXACTLY Kate's grandma!!GREAT response!!

The EPA is a corp ***, put in place to make you think you have a protector, you don't and the same goes with the USDA, FDA, etc.They ALL are bribed by big corp and will never shut down any harmful business if the price is right.

to Zayph0d #657075

The EPA has been known to succumb to the pressure of influence so citing EPA approval does not make something safe.

The pesticides evaporate in the air and pose a hazard to anyone who breathes them.

Companies and people often will do anything for money. I suspect that is happening with Trugreen.

to Diogen Dayton, Ohio, United States #1304156

I am suffering after Trugreen sprayed my lawn...Which(+_+)I Never authorized!!!!I am allergic to lawn chemicals...Never use them...As itching all over and kidney aches is reaction.

They said that Scott's merged with them and so they just put me on schedule!! Because I used Scott's last year ..Only!...To kill dandelions after they emerged...For neighbors sake. Supervisor said they use different chemicals than Scott's!!! I will Sue!!

Shameful of them..I am 80 fighting breast cancer and do not need this!!Got Benadryl today for itching.

to Zayph0d Ashburn, Virginia, United States #661325

Tru-Green just destroyed my garden, 30 year old grapevines, 2 new pear trees, five blueberry bushes I planted last year and damaged my blackberries by spraying 2-4-D on my neighbors lawn on a hot windy day. Contamination has been verified by my state agriculture department! Don't tell me they are a good company!

to Zayph0d Fulton, New York, United States #1024334

BRAINWASHED! "Synthetic stuff they use is much safer for the environment." The winner of the biggest fool ever to be on the internet award goes too....Drum roll please....YOU!