2.0
Turnaround Time
Poster increased review rating.

I have had TruGreen or Scott's service for several years in July 2015 a rep visited my home a without coming to the front door or having access to my large backyard left a free inspection report. The report written in large RED letters with many (11) arrows pointing out areas that needed treatment ASAP.

Before I had service I had my trees and shrubs inspected by another company which stated all was well. I cancelled and switched to Scott's......etc (ironically) This week a new salesperson showed up with the same M.O......RED ink, red arrows, red ASAP, didn't knock on door, no access to yard, etc. A Representative called to follow up that afternoon and I mentioned how unprofessional the TruGreen free report was.

She said that she was sorry but that is the way TruGreen trained her to do reports. So Sad!

Review about: Trugreen Trucomplete Lawn Service.

I liked: Lawn results.

I didn't like: Deceptive sales practices.

Comments

Toledo, Ohio, United States #1347760

I use to work for TruGreed and these types of heavy-handed "guerrilla" sales tactics are typical. In the summer TruGreen runs what they call their "Hot Hort Days" sales campaign, where they run unsolicited prospects on existing full program lawn customers in an effort to up-sell them Tree & Shrub care service!

Salespeople are told to use a bold red marker, as it draws more attention.

(The use of RED "stands out" like a teacher grading a paper!) The running joke inside the company is that TruGreed is a predatory leverage capital Marketing Corporation!

It's interesting to note that on the top left of both of these forms, under the address, it is flagged DNC (Do Not Call), and DNU (Do Not Upsell)!!