After reading some of the complaints regarding trugreen lawn service it is evident to me at least that the company was not the issue, it was the consumer.

Some consumers just can't be helped. The lady, Karen from Jacksonville, needs to read her complaint again. How can your husband be unaware of the problem, doesn't he live with you??? ***!

Take time and give the company a real chance instead of being that customer ALL companies dislike. I bet trugreen isn't the only company that let you down.

Take a good look in the mirror next time you hire someone to do a job. Try remember that they are the experts on the subject, not you.

Review about: Trugreen Lawn Service.

Bellevue, Washington, United States #835001

Of coarse people go online to complain. What about go online for a good reason..u are all mad because u want trugreen to bring out magic fairy dust and your lawn should be forever changed....it takes time u gotta do your part they do theirs.. All I know is trugreen does a great job for having millions of customers..you are getting the best products with them u are also taking on a company that has cash money so if they do screw up they will replace wat is lost ...trust wen I say this trugreen is one of the better companies out there...they are number 1 for a reason...so for you people who look at reviews online before u buy a service know this...out of millions of customers your gonna get people that had a bad experience but you don't see millions of complaints.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #791349

We WERE with Tru Green since the mid 80's.They have done a fair job.

BUT. The constant calls for extra and now a price hike has me changing company. The new company is now doing my yard for $14 less than Tru Green and the extra's are included in the price. Tru green called one day wanting to do an extra at an outrageous price and I asked them since we have been a loyal customer for over 25 years they should show their appreciation by not charging ne anything this one time.

All I got was a chuckle and he said they could not do that.

Seems to me they are getting to big to concern themselves about GOOD customer service.Trust me they will not be missed.

Madison, Mississippi, United States #688382

I am new customer to Tru green, I am pissed, I have been waiting all day for their scheduled service from last week, even though I called them from 8 am in the morning and every two hours all day long, nobody ever called me back and customer service on the phone saying that they can not get hold of manager or service people, no number to reach, no supervisor on call, even at 5pm they still promised me that somebody was for sure coming fore the end of the day to do the make service for me, no shown and no call.Awful experience!

Sent compliant emails and requested immediately response, no response.

Their service was no notification, even you are at home, you did not see them, no ring door bell, all you knew they are here is the note in the front door, no matter service you received, you have pay.Jackson, ms :(

It is a Dam Shame that employees has to post false comment's about the company they work for to try and Make the company look good.If the company is no good so be it.

My lawn looks worse than it has ever before.

It started out with them coming out to aerated and overseed. Then they treated the lawn for moss which I had to rake out. When I raked the moss, of course, the seeds got raked up too. They had to overseed again and tried to charge me for the extra service. After I pointed out their stupidity in scheduling the treatments in the reverse order they agreed to not charge me.

I still have weeds and more bare spots than before they started treating the lawn. They call before 7 am to tell me what time they will be out, but yesterday he didn't even show. I have told them several times NOT to call before 8 am. The last guy who was here said "they are just small weeds". What? I am expected to dig them up myself? He said that would be they way to take care of them. Regarding the bare spots his comment was "it'll grow back, if not I'll throw some seed on it" How about throwing some seed on it now? Why do I pay this company? The supervisor showed up at a time I told him I would be busy with clients so of course, I did not have time to address my issues with him and he did not call me later to discuss it like he said he would. I finally got through to the office instead of the call center today and they are supposed to come out Friday and address all my issues and make the lawn look better. We'll see since growing season is now pretty much over in this area. I have told them that I will not be renewing the contract for next year and all they do is try to upsell me more services.

This same thing happens every time I call and complain about the lousy service. They give me excuses and tell me that a supervisor will call or come out and discuss it with me. They either don't call, or call when I am busy with clients. Apparently yesterday the technician was told not to go out to my property, they had to address a few issues first. Really? Perhaps he should have asked me when he got here.

I will not be renewing my contract with them, I will insist that they come out and treat the lawn as often as necessary to repair the damage they did, at their expense.

Hey ohiodale, this is a complaints board.Not a "I really work for trugreen but don't want anyone to know" board.

If you really haven't worked for trugreen, then you are the one unjustified in your comments.

Current employees say the same things.Glad you're supporting the marketing giant who happens to dabble in lawn care and screw employees while doing it.

The only comnplaint I have with Trugreen it is difficult to contact them.So far they are no different than any other lawn service.

As far as the complaints of the ex-workers, they seem unjustified. I never listen to ex workers and I discount all of their complaints. My lawn looks better than it ever has and the rate is about the same as any other lawn service.

I did not sign a contract nor have they ever asked me to sign one.My yard still has some weeds but I am realistic and know my yard faces south and in 100% sun all day so weeds thrive in this enviroment.

They are being sued, by current and former employees in a class action. Texasovertimeattorneys.com. Read all you need to know to get in on it.

I agree with I QUIT.

TruGreen = TruSlavery.

They are the WORSE company for anyone to work for in sales or service. You work well over 50 hours a week, mandatory, with no overtime and they micromanage you like a child. You have to give an account for every minute of the day.... They track you with your GPS phone and show up on your assigned territory to spy on you.

This company needs to be sued.There must be a way they are violating labor law.

I was hired by TruGreen and within the second week, two new hires quit.I just learned all the sales team are new.

They can't seem to keep employees. They overwork their employees-52+ hours per week, Monday through Friday for little pay and no overtime.

How can their workers be effective?This should be a violation of the Labor Law.

I just want people to know that Service Master is the parent company of TruGreen, merry maids, terminix, American home shield, service clean, and others.All of these companies operate on a very similar level.

Lie to customers, lie to employees, lie to upper management, cook the books, break labor laws by not paying your employees what is due them (on top of micromanaging employees as if they were in 1st grade). This isn't just a trugreen problem.

I will never use, nor work for any Service Master company again.CD&R owns Service Master, so I'd try to stay away from them too.

I work for Trugreen. And they suck *** :(

Wildwood, Florida, United States #352701

:roll ;)

In response to the posting on Aug 14, 2010 by Mike Norvell suggesting that there be a "....Hates TruGreen site....". There already is one, www.refusetousechemlawn.org This name is due to the fact that the site was created and posted years back under the company's old name TruGreen-ChemLawn.

:eek :x

I recently hired Trugreen to take care of my lawn needs.They have done 2 applications.

My yard had no problems prior to them coming in, I just wanted a thicker greener look and I thought that they could help without me having to do all the work. Now my whole yard is burnt from front to back from being over-fertilized. They asked how often do I water, I water twice a week and if they come out and service I water 3 times that week. I live in Florida and it is very hot.

I am hoping that I can repair the damage that they have done to my lawn.I should have continued to do it myself.

Wildwood, Florida, United States #342684

:? There are way too many complaints about TruGreen on this site to be thoughtless. Just check out www.complaintsboard.com for even more problems & issues with TruGreen. :upset

to Reality Check #597011

There are also 3 times as many complaints posted against Trugreen on www.consumeraffairs.com

Wildwood, Florida, United States #331944

:? I have been treating my own lawn with only marginal results.So, I decided to get a lawn-care service, but first wanted to go on the Internet, and find some on-line reviews.

Well, I found a lot of TruGreen reviews on this site and also www.consumeraffairs.com I find that there are way too many complaints about TruGreen on these sites for them to be "Thoughtless" or frivoless for that matter. In reading all of these, I have noticed a repeating theme of 3 problems; 1) Continued sales-pithes to buy more. 2) Sub-standard service by rushed applicators, and 3) poor communication & mis-management within the company. What is a major Red Flag that I find alarming, is all the TruGreen EMPLOYEES that post complaints, about their jobs, on this site!

There are 4 different postings/threads on this site dated Oct. 2008. These are all TruGreen employees complaining about their jobs with this company. I don't want someone that has serious issues with the company that he works for treating my lawn!

Workers with a negative attitude about their company, generally won't have a good work ethic, nor care about doing a good job.

Needless to say, I WILL NWVER HIRE TRUGREEN!!!!!:sigh

I will NEVER use Trugreen lawn service in Tampa Florida. Apparently, their staff will knock on your door at 8:30 AM, tells you your lawn is sick, offers to come spray your lawn next week, then calls you an "a-hole" if you refuse their sales pitch.

They're off the table when it comes to lawn service for me.

Wildwood, Florida, United States #328609

:( :( :( :( :(

First of all as an x-T.G.employee of 7 years, (I waited 6 yrs.

for it to get better), these are not "Thoughtless complaints" as the heading says. And in point of fact, it is a partnership in lawn-care, and customers must water & mow properly. Now with all that said, complaints from both coustomers & employees are about TruGreen are legitemate. You see, back in the 1970's & 80's TruGreen was a private company that did focus on quality customer service.

By 1990 TruGreen grew into a public corporation owned by ServiceMaster. When this happened the upper management/corporate bosses became more interested in Return-On-Investment than sustanibility, quality growth and employee retention. So by 2000 TruGreen wasn't doing well, and the ServiceMaster stock comtinued to plummet. The share-holders wanted out, so ServiceMaster w/ TruGreen et.

al. was sold out to a private equity firm. The problem here is that private equity firms are the "bottom-feeders" of big business that just "strip & flip". Just this year TruGreen's CEO, COO, and CMO have all quit.

So at the local branch levels there are salesmen that deceive and coerce to hit their sales quota. And technicians that have to finish each job as fast as they can, and to get on to the next one and so on, so they can hit their production number. I read in another posting on this site that a lot of employee have posted their job Reviews on glassdoor.com; very revealing!

In a recent customer survey 2/3 of customers see T.G.fell below their expectations.

:x :sigh :upset :eek

They destroyed my yard.They were treating it for two years.

The first year I am sure they gave me grub worms and I asked them to treat them. You know as in asking for extra service which means more money for them. Well I am at work in the day when they come so the first year it never gets done. The second year the lawn is totally destroyed and my wife happened to be home and told the guy please kill the grub worms.

He tells her we don't have grubs that it is heat stress and if it doesn't rain in the next few days just give a good hosing!

Meanwhile the entire lawn in brown and you can pull up handfuls and there are thousands of shells and grubs right there.

And even calling them and asking for the extra service they stuck with the guy who says its only heat stress you don't need to pay extra for that.