76 views
Verified Reviewer

1.2

Update by user May 08, 2021

They lie about your lawn. Their note said I had a weed and insect problem.

I do not have weeds or insect problem. They acted as if the new grass was what they put down. They did not. I had to put my own seed down.

The fertilizer they put down was not a true starter fertilizer. You can't ever talk to anyone. They make sure their are barriers to having them come out as they say they will in their brochure.

Just terrible, terrible company. I have never incurred so many lies and inability to do what they say they will do.

Update by user Apr 08, 2021

Service getting worse and more unkept promises.

Original review posted by user Apr 07, 2021

DonThey changed my schedule 7 times. Was supposed to put down my grass seed when they aerated according to work order.

They aerated Monday and started to put down their grass seed. When I told them to use mine, they said they did not want to empty their hopper and left. They were supposed to put down starter fertilizer today for the new seed. I was e-mailed earlier that they would be putting down pre-emergent.

You cannot do that when reseeding. I called and they had no record of starter. The guy showed up this morning. I went to the truck to check out the fertilizer.

It was nothing but nitrogen and no phosphorus. Nitrogen burns new seed. Phosphorus is for roots. The fellow said he was really their bug man.

Said someone would call they have not. I talked to Jay Patel, He said the local Trugreen would call and they would put down starter for me. I have everything in print and will be sending it to the Illinois Attorney General next week if the don't follow thru. I will ask for my money back if they do not do the order.

I will pay them for aeration.

Their reviews need to be heeded. I just used them because Jay Patel said they would work with spring redseeding instead of fall seeding.

User's recommendation: Don' consider or use Tru Green.

Product or Service Mentioned: Trugreen Lawn Service.

Preferred solution: correct service or refund.

Comments