Sherly Jop

| map-marker Wausau, Wisconsin

Did not get what was promised

I cancelled my service at the end of the last growing season due to issues with my last application - I watched as they only sprayed half my lawn and when I asked the applicator about this he got indignant and said he had covered the entire lawn. When I cancelled they said they would have a different applicator take care of my lawn if I did not cancel, I cancelled anyway.

Three days ago I re-opened my account - my mistake. In looking at the satellite image of my property with grass areas supposedly delineated with each lawn area square footage listing and the total square footage they said was lawn I found they grossly inflated the actual lawn area. When I re-opened my account I was told that someone would come out and measure my yard prior to application but they could only do so if I re-opened the account. Trusting I wouldn't be lied to I re-opened the account with the assurance of a proper measurement of the grass portion of the property prior to application.

Today the applicator rolled up and got ready to spray the lawn. I asked him if he was here to measure the lawn and he stated he knew nothing about that and wasn't equipped to perform measurements. I showed him the satellite image of my property and he agreed that much of what Tru-green indicated as grass was really stone and pavement. He told me that the satellite image must be from before the stone and pavement was put down - unless their satellite images are more than 15 years old that cannot be the case.

I do not feel that Tru-Green has been honest and truthful in their dealings with me and I would not recommend them to anyone. I should have followed my first instinct and gone with someone else.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company.

Billy O Hho

Bad Business Ethics

This company is trying to gain business by door to door sales and I get that. However, when I open my door, and tell you no twice, that means I do not want your service.

It most certainly does not mean that I want to open my door later and find thay you placed a door hanger on my door anyway, as Lexi did. Then when I called the number on the card to ask why she did that after I told her no twice, she proceeded to hang up on me. Then her sales manager for the clermont FL area had the audacity to call my personal line and state that I was harassing Lexi and proceeded to let me know that he was going to explain the laws of soliciting to me. (As if I were a silly child) Also he proceeded to threaten me with a federal offense!

Of what I dont know because I hung up on him. I just dont understand how companies think they can treat people like this and expect to gain me as a customer.

This is absolutely the worst way to try and gain business. And believe me, word of mouth goes a VERY LOOOOONG way!

User's recommendation: Do Not Use !!

Guest

Most of the sane world just throws those away.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2475024

MAGAt supporter gets triggered by door advert. Can he heard screaming from his trailer stoop “You think this trash is gonna walk itself to the dumpster?”

View more comments (1)
Nysir Mdm
map-marker Aiken, South Carolina

Extraordinarily bad customer service

TruGreen operates at its convenience, not its customers'. I am supposed to get a call the day before service; that's happened only once, despite repeated complaints that no one is calling. Tech visits are scheduled by computer, so it doesn't matter if the time they pick is inconvenient - or how many times you try to reschedule. They just don't give a damn. They also talk out of both sides of their mouth: yes, you need to water in; no, you don't need to water in. I will be so happy when this contract is up!

User's recommendation: Don't. Just Don't.

Nathalia Zpa

Distracted and reckless driver

Original review Dec 15, 2023

I was walking and a Middle Aged man probably about 50 year old was looking down at his phone driving very slow down the road. He was distracted so he almost hit a parked car.

When he looked up I crossed the road at a crosswalk in front of a stop sign. He then looked up and made eye contact and decided to try and cut me off and run the stop sign. He turned and his car brushed up against me and I lost my balance and almost fell. I then said hey what are you doing?

And he then slammed on the brakes and yelled out the window go to *** as*hole and drove off blaring his horn. This happened around 3:30pm and many young kids were going home from school. Those kids or anyone shouldnt have to see or experience this situation ever. I called trugreen to tell them what the employees are doing and I got hung up on twice.

He was driving in his personal car but I knew he works for trugreen because his car was inches away from my face and I saw his shirt said trugreen just after we made eye contact just before his car hit me.

He drove a 2010 Cadillac SRX the license plate was ANX-3571. This is a very bad way to advertise the company because I will remember this when I see their company name.

Cons:
  • Horribly customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Read the post above

Guest

At a minimum you should have called the police so they could watch for the car in the future. Especially since it was in a school area. Instead you made a weak attempt to involve his employer when he was off the clock.

Kammi Xtk
map-marker Clearwater, Florida

Damaged lawn

They sprayed my lawn and burned it with herbicide Killed parts of it. No supervisor will call and discuss the situation after five call asking for them to do so.Stay away!!!
map-marker Carrollton, Texas

My yard

They killed my yard when I called to complain they tried blaming the yard guys didn't fly there's 10 houses on my street that use them I'm the only with True Green and a dead yard they returned my money and told me what to do I called my yard guy told me have to dig out 5-6 inches of dirt which in turn I'll have to replace my sprinklers and pipe then yard if someone suing count me in

User's recommendation: Don't use

Featured
Jeanne M Djz

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Monroe, New York

Destroyed my lawn

Paid upfront for annual service - after fertilization treatments, lawn looked worse and 30 year old beautiful grass died and went to moss. The property is horrific - leaf blower tonight blowing tons of moss off property, leaving huge dirt spots - getting manager here

User's recommendation: Something in their product kills grass !!!!

map-marker Amelia, Ohio

They killed both my dogs

They killed both my dogs I am sickened over their lies saying its safe when it isnt safe even for a human
map-marker Wichita, Kansas

Will not cancel service.

I canceled service 3 times since August 23 account bad service, spraying weeds. TG came by 10/4/23 and left a receipt saying they sprayed whole lawn.

I have a 6 foot tall fenced gate in the back which was locked with dogs out in yard. Called 800 number and asked why TG came by when I had canceled service 3 times before to never come back. Same old BS, nothing on computer that showed this. They were told by me that I had the phone records when I did call.

Finally had to threaten to Trespass Trugreen, told them I would call the police and have them arrest their tech if they ever step foot on my property again. Told them that I had Automatic Payment, TG rep said he would cancel that. Got a email today stating that TG charged my credit card with the bill. Just another lie.

I can't call TG here in Wichita, just kicks me over to the national service center.

These people are bad.

They have never taken care of the lawn right. They come in and say they did something and then leave without never knocking on the door. I've asked them to come back and spray weeds many times, No Show. They walk by some weeds that are a foot tall.

They just don't care, none. Like the one yesterday.

Receipt say he sprayed the whole lawn but the 6 foot tall gate was locked. Either the tech is lying or he jumped the locked gate or fence.

User's recommendation: If you have a high dollar house they might do better. The little guy, not.

Kristy R Xmz

| map-marker Chicopee, Massachusetts

Lied about services rendered, failed to return money in timely manner & WORST customer service

Updated by user Jun 27, 2023

2 weeks in and I’m still waiting for a refund and never got a call from the branch manager.

Original review Jun 27, 2023
First, the technician arrived at a time that was not scheduled, which was a problem because we both took time off of work to be there at the first appointment, as we wanted to know what was going on and chemicals used, because we have both pets and small children. Then they lied about what they did.

They said they treated 4000 ft.² which was impossible because we have fences. And cameras, ding ding ding for the win ladies and gentlemen. When we called, they originally told us to wait a couple weeks to see if the application worked. This was before I watched my cameras and we were questioning how were they able to get to the backyard because on the paper it said they treated the back they even told us how much chemicals are used.

They use so many gallons because for a yard that size you need this much blah blah blah. Why would you suggest to just sit there and wait to see if it worked. How would I even know if it worked or if my grass was just growing normally?? Why wouldnt you just pick up the phone and call your technician and simply ask him??

By that point we did see the cameras, and we did confirm that he did not in fact, treat the backyard, which I had already known. I wanted to cancel service, but then she transferred the call to a supervisor who talked me into waiting until the manager from the local branch called me. I reluctantly agreed. She assured me he would call me before the end of the day.

It was 1 PM. Its now been two weeks and I never got a phone call. However, I called in probably another 10 times over the next week or so and every single person I spoke to with the exception of one, was disgustingly rude. One person laughed at me.

One person hung up on me. I had to hang up on one person. They ended up putting an application down and charging me almost $100 for it, mind you I never asked for it nor did they tell me they were going to do it. So they said they would take that charge off they did in fact charge me though for the service they lied about.

They said they treated 4000 ft.² and theyre lucky if they treated 500 ft.². Yet they charge me full price why would you charge me anything at all. So its now been two weeks and Im still waiting for that refund. You hear a company like Trugreen and you assume that they are legit because theres so commercialized.

I dont know how they get away with this. One time towards the end of the 2 weeks when I called in, I hit the button to cancel accidentally. That was the best call. I got through, because obviously they reroute it to Americans who are actually good at customer service.

A retention department I am assuming. Because they want the good people on the phone so they can trick you into staying. But everyone else they could care less about. I was even told at one point there are no supervisors in the building that theres no way I can talk to a supervisor.

I would have to put a message to talk to a supervisor and they would call me back in a few days. Kind of funny because the first day I was able to talk to a supervisor. So they just give lies upon lies upon lies.

It goes from the sales people to the customer service who answers the phone down to the technicians who go out to your house. Dont walk away from this company, RUN.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Trugreen 2160 westover rd chicopee ma
  • Worst customer service ever experienced
  • Slow response time

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t walk away from this company, RUN.

Neil S Qel
map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

TruGreen missed appointment

My lawn is full of weeds they told me they coming on 8/31/23 but they never showed up to take care of it. There has been no communication from your company. Pissed off customer
Frank A Oax
map-marker Greenville, South Carolina

Sprayed my yard and I have dead grass

Have called you five times and you have told me someone would come to my house and look at grass the one time someone did come it was a driver and she was very nice and told me that they were not supposed to spray and he killed the grass and call and have someone come out and look three times they promised they were coming and this is third time when I called they have told me no one is coming I have used your company for more than twenty years youre customer service is horrible I asked again have someone called me and still waiting

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Not to use you

Meka Jtv
map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

I need payrool

My name is John moore I work out of the Tayler office I did not receive my pay this week wensday I would like to know what happened

Talk to your Managers.

Guest

They don’t care about you ….I know …been there and done that

View more comments (1)

Landscaping and Gardening Expert Talks

Lawn Care During Drought: How to Grow Lawns with Less Water?

Jun 8, 2022

How to care for your lawn in a drought? John Perry, a lawn expert, shares tips on effective lawn care with new water restrictions and explains how to preserve a green yard.

John Perry
John Perry

John Perry is President, CEO, and Founder of Greene County Fertilizer Company, Inc. and the author of the Lawncology educational series.

map-marker Grove City, Ohio

I’m going to cancel it’s almost the end of May I called April the 20th, I got someone else.

TruGreen - I’m going to cancel it’s almost the end of May I called April the 20th, I got... - Image 2
Cant depend on true green, I called back in April, and its now May the 17 and still never came, I have clovers dandelions, lots of weeds, grass isnt growing good.

User's recommendation: Don’t call them

Shala Aya
map-marker Grove City, Ohio

Not at all happy

Called back in April for lawn service and no one has bothered to come out, I'm verry verry upset, I've had to go and buy 6 small bottles to get rid of dandelions and some weeds, it's hard to bend over to do all of the weeds at 65 years old, I can mo.
Melissa W Kjg

| map-marker Anaheim, California

Big on promises zero on delivery

TruGreen - Big on promises zero on delivery
TruGreen - Big on promises zero on delivery - Image 2
I was sold/ guaranteed something that couldnt be delivered. After looking at photos of our lawn I was told no problem give us a few months. 5/6 months later, it looks 10 times worse. The manager told me it take years and my agreement is up in 2/3 months. Poor communication! No accountability, I was totally scammed and taken advantage of. Please go elsewhere.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Made problem worse

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article