Turnaround Time

We have had Trugreen spraying our lawn for two years now and we’ve had more weeds than ever before and our lawn has truly not benefited from their services.I gave it some time because we had a lot of thin areas and I thought maybe they just needed more time.

But today I fired them once and for all. This is going to be a long post but one I need to share. While the technician was in my back yard my neighbors labradoodle jumped the fence into our yard. I heard through the window when the technician yelled at the dog and told it get out several times and then he ran around to my front door and yelled at me to get the situation under control and that the dog had attacked him and tried to bite him, and that he was leaving.

I went and got my neighbor and when she came out he yelled at her and then told her that he sprayed his chemicals in the dogs eyes to protect himself. I need to interject that this is the happiest, friendliest dog in the world. He has never met a stranger, everyone is his friend. Not only am I certain that this dog doesn’t have it in him to viciously attack anyone, but I never heard a bark or a growl or any noise from the dog.

I understand that it might have been intimidating or scary to see a dog jump the fence, but this was not handled properly. I called customer service and waited hours for a call back from a manager. And once I finally had the manager on the phone he proceeded to tell me that spraying chemicals in the dogs eyes is a last resort protocol and he had absolute confidence that if his technician resorted to that then he felt his life was being threatened. He said his technician did exactly what he should have and that I should just be happy he didn’t call the police and have the dog put down because that’s what they do with vicious animals.

He brushed me off when I tried to tell him this dog would never charge or attack unless he felt threatened- he said that’s what everyone says. I have never been so furious and shocked by the absolute absence of concern for a living creature, not to mention the complete refusal to even try to smooth it over and provide some semblance of customer service. Thankfully the dog looks like he is going to be okay.

The same can not be said for the reputation of this company because I will spread the word far and wide.The service stinks, my lawn didn’t improve, and there was no apology or concern for the intentional poisoning of a beloved pet.

Review about: Trugreen Lawn Fertilization Service.

Had an Experience with Trugreen?

Comments