Featured Resolved

Update by user Mar 13

The next day, after my online complaint, the branch manager for TruGreen was at my house with another tech.They cleaned up everything beautifully!

He also had his commercial tech come out and treat my yard at no charge.

And he did not get one drop on my driveway, fence or mailbox.I am very satisfied with the outcome.

Original review posted by user Mar 07

I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use TruGreen again!!!I have stamped concrete driveway with a dark brown perimeter along with a dark brown mail box and fence.

Three times they have over sprayed these areas leaving a white spray residue all over everything brown. It looks awful! I was told by another tech that it means the chemicals are not being mixed well. The first time they send someone to clean it up they used a chemical which took the paint off the driveway.

My husband ended up paying someone to come out and pressure clean it. We were assured this would not happen again. Supposedly the techs are trained to stay a foot away from the edge of the driveway and fence, etc. Right before Christmas we had the driveway painted to repair the paint that was removed when TruGreen used a chemical on it.

Four days before Christmas a tech came out to spray and did it again! I did not receive the recorded call that they were coming. I called the local branch and they said they would be closing for the holidays and could not send anyone out! We were having Christmas at our house with 30 people.

The driveway looked awful. For the second time we paid to have it pressure cleaned. If I had not prepaid for the year I would have cancelled the service! Again, I was assured this would not happen again and they would definitely call me before the next spray.

A few months later and for the 3rd time, they came out to spray, no phone call and did it again! As per usual with customer service the obligatory apology and we will have someone call you, blah, blah blah. I called numerous times. A few weeks later I pull in my driveway from work to find a TruGreen truck in front of my house.

Finally, or so I thought, someone was here to clean up the mess. No, it is a tech getting ready to fertilize my trees and leave a bill on my door for $60. He didn't know anything about cleaning up my driveway! I sent him away.

Another two weeks of phone calls and finally a guy comes out to clean my driveway with a new chemical that doesn't remove the paint. "Why don't you just pressure clean it?" I asked. It worked the other two times my husband paid someone to do it. "I wouldn't know where to get my hands on a pressure cleaner." he answers.

Really? I'm pretty sure Home Depot rents them by the day. Needless to say, the new chemical didn't work. He said he would be back with a pressure cleaner.

Then he drove off into the sunset never to be seen again. Thank goodness my service contract is up.

And after all of that...my yard is still full of dollar weeds!Never ever ever ever ever will I use this company again!

Review about: Lawn Maintenance Service.

I didn't like: No resolution to my complaint.

1.3
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Trugreen Lawn Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $350
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Trugreen?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion