Trugreen - Misleading salesmen, and poor customer service!
My boyfriend and I decided to treat our yard professionally so we could get rid of bare spots and have a nice lush lawn.Well, let me just say picking TruGreen as our provider was our first mistake!
After researching several companies that service our area, we decided price, and treatment quantity were better than what was offered to us from other companies. We have had 4 lawn treatments (fertilizer, *** control), and 3 pest control treatments done to our lawn as well. Let's start with the lawn treatments (*** controlled, & fertilizer.) The weeds in my yard are worse along the perimeter till about 2 feet into my yard. The technician spends less than 8 minutes total from pulling up to driving away treating 7,999 sq.ft.
We've looked at the receipts and our watches to track time. He practically runs through our yard. Our last application was done on a day when it was 100% chance of severe storms, and it had been pouring off/on all morning. I called them once I got home and notified them that it was currently raining and that I was worried what they just put down would be washed away.
The sales individual told me that the rain actually helps the treatment, but that if I'm not satisfied I could have them come out in 10 days for a spot treatment. I specifically remember them saying if the weather is bad we will postpone our treatments for another day...so why did they treat my yard? The sales lady didn't know how to answer that and just continued to say they could spot treat in 10 days. Now, I'm no lawn expert here, but common sense tells me that a spray *** control would need to stay on the *** itself to be effective.
Well, later that day they did the pest control between storm cells. So I called again, and mentioned my concern over the effectiveness of the treatment. She said 'oh the rain will have washed that away I will have them come out and re-treat at no cost.' Perfect! I explained to her that we just got two puppies this spring and that we wanted to make sure we were preventing flea/ticks as much as possible.
She completely understood. Now here's where my problems with the pest control start...at this point in our TruGreen experience they have treated my yard twice for this pest control. Once with no problems, the second being washed away. So the technician comes out to treat my yard.
I'm thinking this is the long lost re-treatment that I was promised. Nope, this is a treatment that is being billed to me at $64.00. I go out and say hello, and ask if this was the re-treatment. He gives me a confused look, and says no?
I explain the situation to him and tell him about why we're getting this done. He states the treatment will definitely help with fleas/ticks and questions if he's treating my entire yard or just the perimeter of my house. I told him I was never informed that they did one or the other, and that I was led to believe my entire yard would be treated. He said that is fine, they don't tell us what we're treating on our tickets.
I will swap out nozzles and treat the yard. Well the technician never treated my yard. As you can see in the picture below, it took 12 gallons to treat 7,999 sq. ft, but this time it only took 0.5 gallon and only 999 sq.
ft? I called and asked to speak with a manager...this lady called me back and stated that I only purchased the foundation insecticide and that it would be an additional $64.00 to treat my lawn. I eventually told her to cancel our program, and that I will be contacting her higher up due to poor customer service and attitude from the manager. The branch manager called me the next day 5 minutes prior to him leaving the office.
I was at work so I couldn't answer the phone.I recently got a "we want you back" card, and will be requesting I speak with the individuals name listed on the card as he is above all branch managers if this call doesn't go well.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Poor product
- Deceiving sales
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "They asked for 6 months to right my yard. I gave them 1 year. They didn't control the weeds. They didn't control fungus. Now my yard is dying off because..."
- "A week and a half ago I was on my way home from work. I was in the left lane and a Trugreen truck was in the right lane. I..."
- "I signed up with Trugreen lawn service and after the first 2 treatments, my grass was dead and I now have a brown lawn! I called customer service and..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."