Turnaround Time

They do not return calls!Managers must never work, because every time I ask to speak to one, they are always busy and will return my call.

Well after calling endlessly, leaving messages and no manager has the class, courtesy or professionalism to return my call, I have cancelled!The 1st and only visit, some *** named Justin sprayed the fertilizer over my fresh mulch and flower bed. Guess what happened? In 2 days an area that should have been just mulch and flowers is now looking like a jungle and filled with weeds and grasses. The people that cut my grass did not want to cut it for fear of ruining the flowers.

But Justin already ruined the area and it will have to be mowed down anyway. I was very clear and said 3 times that for my 1st visit I wanted to be there to go over the areas that needed work. I would have told Justin not to touch the mulched area. I called to complain and the rep even said it "He was not supposed to do that." I then saw several areas were brown and weedy so I called for the follow up service call.

Now you know this is one of Tru Green's major selling loins, the fact that they will come back as many times as needed, free of charge. Well that's the whole catch, bc they do NOT show up! It's all lies! I called 3 x in one day and asked them to contact Justin to get a time frame.

The rep said they would message him to call me and I should have a call from him within 30 minutes. Guess what? Did this call ever happen? Did the unprofessional Justin ever call me to give me a time frame?

So I stood home from 8 am until 6 and he never showed up. They are liars, and unethical. Being that there are hundreds of other "mom and pop" family businesses that do this type of work, I suggest saving yourself the headaches and aggravation. Do NOT hire Tru Green.

Guess what even after complaining about Justin ruining my beds, the manager still has not called.

Also beware when they do calls when no one is home.They do not care, and will spray within 4 minutes, be gone and claim they gave you a thorough treatment, have no prob leaving the bill on your doorknob--we all know what goes down when there is no one present to supervise!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered. manditex is overall dissatisfied with Trugreen and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about trugreen lawn fertilization service at Trugreen was service, refused to do the work and never called back and ruined my lawn , but reviewer liked cust service is only friendly bc they are being rated. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Trugreen.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Landscaping and Gardening category for more informed decision or compare Trugreen to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Trugreen?

Comments

Frederick, Maryland, United States #1341996

I agree, they rarely do what they say they're going to do and they do push off "please let me speak to your manager" calls indefinitely saying the manager will call you back within 3 business days.Unacceptable level of service at best.

Sadly for us, the one time they did show up (after us calling them repeatedly to get them to come out), the treatment helped our lawn quite a bit but getting them to come do the treatment is ridiculously difficult.

Usually we experience the opposite, the services come out more often then perhaps we think is warranted or needed, but not with TruGreen.We've literally had to beg or threatened to cancel get them to come out to do timely treatments.