1.4
Turnaround Time

TRUGREEN over-fertilized and killed large parts of our lawn, especially the backyard. We were interested in killing some weeds in our front yard and our backyard already looked very nice but we thought it would also benefit from aeration and some fertilizer so we decided to try Trugreen.

On June 19th Trugreen came and added fertilizer to our front and back yard. We were told that aeration would take place first then fertilizer and de-***. This did not happen. On June 22nd they came back and only treated for weeds, still no aeration which I was told should be done FIRST.

Finally they come on July 3rd after I kept pestering them about aerating our lawn and when they come, they bust two of our sprinkler heads... even though we clearly marked all sprinklers with flags...(No big deal, we are going to have someone come check on that soon and I'm told the heads are inexpensive.) We were told we should see results in two weeks and we weren't seeing many weeds die so we called them up again. Kevin Beasley came out to our yard on July 20th and I was astonished at the amount of fertilizer he threw down. It was all over my driveway, sidewalks, patio, etc.

I was concerned but didn't think it would kill our lawn like it has. 1 day after treatment the lawn started turning yellow and within a few days there were yellow streaks in our lawn in the front and backyard and the backyard has HUGE patches of dead grass from over-fertilization. I called them up and complained that I think Kevin had just killed large parts of my Saint Augustine lawn, especially the backyard. They said they would send a specialist out and I made sure they never allowed Kevin back on my property again.

Scott came and treated my lawn on July 28th and the lawn has still not recovered in the area's they over-fertilized. So I call back and they tell me that I need to wait 10 days, I did this, no change to my lawn. They assure me a Service Manager will call me or my wife, he never does but today August 9th, he leaves a note on my door saying we have fungus on our yard, that is why the grass is browning....That's some complete you know what! (He also scheduled someone to come out to treat it again, I called to make sure they don't treat my lawn again) Our lawn only needed a little work up front to get rid of weeds and our backyard was beautiful before Trugreen came and destroyed it.

I called him at the number that was left on his business card note and it routes me to their disorganized customer service. They try to call him, and as usual, he does not answer. I tell them please have him call me back and if I don't answer during the day to please leave a message so I can call back right away and get this issue resolved. We have a baby shower for my pregnant wife in less than two weeks and I'm embarrassed of my lawn.

I would like to get this resolved before then with new sod put down but the manager Benjamin Higgs has yet to contact us. I have provided picture below of the damage they have caused to the backyard alone (before they treated our backyard Saint Augustine was plush and thick.)

Review about: Trugreen Lawn Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: We want a full refund and the areas of grass they killed to be re-sodded..

I didn't like: That they killed my lawn, Customer service no comunications, Did not take responsibility for dead grass.

Comments