I called TruGreen's 800 number to inquire about price to treat my lawn. I didn't make any decision up front, but the next day I received a call from a man who said "You can just deal with me, we don't have to go through TruGreen, I'm local and I can take care of you." I agreed and paid him over $500 with a credit card over the phone for one season of service in 2016.

I never saw the man at my house, so I have no idea what he did when he was there. At the end of the season, my lawn looked worse than it did at the beginning. I figured I learned my lesson and would never use TruGreen again. Unfortunately I noticed a few times that TruGreen came to my house the next season (2017) and I had no idea why.

They came again and treated my lawn and I just figured it had to be a mistake. Then I received a notice from a collection agency that TruGreen turned me in to. I never signed a contract, never did anything online, it was all over the phone. And of course the man never told me that the service would automatically renew the following year.

I would have NEVER agreed to that.

Now I have to fight TruGreen's fraudulent practices and have this removed from the collection agency. I can stress enough to never, ever hire TruGree.

Product or Service Mentioned: Trugreen Lawn Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 23, 2017.

Comments