Trugreen - Every Application except what was necessary

75 of 964 Trugreen reviews

I hired TruGreen last Spring (2015) to eliminate weeds in my lawn. Upon receiving my first bill for 2016, I called to say I did not hire them this year. I was told that the contract was "SELF-RENEWING"(keep in mind that I did not request aeration last year).

A few months later, I called to mention that the weeds are not gone, they claimed someone would be sent "right out" to rectify the problem. Meanwhile, I continued to receive numerous phone calls to sell me additional applications for everything except *** KILLER. In the interim, (I was away for a week) they came to aerate and seed my entire 2.5 acres, without permission. Upon returning home, I had no idea what had been done (looked like lotsa puppies were house training in my yard). I then received a ridiculous bill for a service I never requested. They convinced me that either my ex-husband or I requested the service. At that time, I explained that I was unable to pay the entire bill at once, only to learn that neither of us had requested this service.

For the third time, I called TruGreen regarding the weeds today, to learn that they had/have no intention of sending someone out to kill my weeds.

Analogy: Ordering a Camry, getting a tricycle, and paying for a Rolls. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. GOOD SERVICE IS OUT OF THEIR REALM.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor quality and no resolution
    • High prices with no results
    • No customer service
    • Self-renewing contracts to catch busy people off guard

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Trugreen Trucomplete Lawn Service
Review category
Landscaping and Gardening
review #921454 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Trugreen? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
75 of 964 Trugreen reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.