Have a few bare areas in the back yard.Called Trugreen who immediately tried to get me on a 4 visit program.

I explained over and over, that I need these bare spots filled in as I was going to put my place on the market in a few weeks. They said, that they would just do a re-seeding of the bare spots. After almost a week I got home from work, to find a note stating that they had sprayed my whole property for weeds and put down fertilizer. When I finally got ahold of somebody, sure enough they didnt put down seed.

When I asked why,...they didnt have a good reason,...just mumbled something about it being to wet. It hasnt rained in 5 days,...the soil is perfect. They then said that they would make a "special exception and try to come out by the middle or end of next week. That would be over 2 weeks after having requested the service.

The sign will be in the yard before the seed??? No@#@#@#@ way,...this company totally screwed me,...now I am behind schedule and have to throw seed myself.

Should have done that in the first place,.....I will NEVER use this company again!!I'm PISSED

Review about: Trugreen Lawn Service.

Had an Experience with Trugreen?

Comments

Nashville, Tennessee, United States #610875

TruGreen came out to my lawn, and sprayed for weeds.That took about 2 weeks, (at least 10 calls), of me begging to get them to come out.

They said that the dead Fescue grass was due to the drought. Yet my neighbor's fescue was doing well. Plus I have a sprinkler system, and the neighbors don't. VERY dissapointed in TruGreen's service.

I filed a complaint with the BBB. I wanted to get my money back for the years service, since TruGreen guarantees their service. TruGreen says they will only refund 1 service. All I asked them was to take a little responsibility.

You would think that a large company like them would man-up, but they never did. I had the County Ag Agent come out, and his assessment was that TruGreen over-fertilized the Fescue-grass in the heat of the summer causing dieback. I found out later that the problem of summer lawn burn was a common problem with TruGreen customers, because they spray a quick-release high nitrogen urea.

TruGreen should have taken ownership of this issue.See my video of my burnt lawn on www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQc2ivqqa-Y