Trugreen - Destroyed a section of my lawn

512 of 964 Trugreen reviews

I was having them treat my lawn for fire ants.They treated it once which partially killed some nests.

On the second treatment they had some herbicide in the bucket and it killed a large portion of my grass. I have 5 acres with significant damage. The charge for killing all the ants was $1600. I paid them $200 and told them to stop further treatments.

Nonetheless, they kept calling me demanding payment. I sent pictures of the damage, and said they should be paying me for putting wide bloches in my yard. The letter was sent to their legal department in Memphis, TN. They responded by basically giving me the finger and demanding payment.

Un...believable.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Lawn
Review category
Landscaping and Gardening
review #494161

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Trugreen? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
512 of 964 Trugreen reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
GreenMan

Feb 12, 2015 #944895 Crown Point, Indiana, United States

Doesn't look anywhere like five acres of damage to me. That would be over 215,000 square feet and would take over three gallons of herbicide if not more to kill that much lawn. Unless it was glyphosate. Then it would have taken more.

0 0 Reply
Your friend

Aug 22, 2014 #860139 Florida, United States

I understand... All of the TruGreen Employees are told to spray lawns regardless if the customer wants to cancel or not. This information and customer's demands are on the notes on their handhelds for the day. Regardless, technicians are told that it is up to management not to add them to their schedule for the day. Meaning, technicians have to spray YOUR LAWN no matter what you say to keep their jobs. FYI... there is even a incentive to make sure you do not skip a yard on your schedule for the week. You get to have a special lunch with a manager or you get a bonus at the end of the month.
I have even seen people getting billed crazy prices!!! BTW if you pay 49.99 a month for over 6000 sq-ft than you are doing something extra special. and for all of those customers paying more.... Maybe you are not ;) And I have even seen customers getting charged over $$$ for yards smaller than 2000 sq-ft.... Makes no sense does it?! BTW these people (customers) get the same spray from the same hose! They only give them one tank of the day! You get two choices pull the trigger full or half way. LOL But the spray unites to make the same ingredients. No one is getting anything special.
If you want to know if they are doing their job... If the man puts on a back pack and really goes after your weeds or if the man uses a dry spreader (that is a pushed and walked spreading tiny granules on to your lawn). The rest is chemicals and if it smells bad it means you have the first spray of the
... Show more

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Trugreen. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Trugreen.
Filing a new complaint about
×