Last Spring, I determined that I was spending as much money on maintenance of our yard as what it might cost for a lawn care service, so we elected to contract with TruGreen.We have fought with them from the beginning for their service personnel to appropriately cover the entire yard.

If they come through the privacy fence gate at all, they stand at the top of the sloping back yard and give it a light spray, COMPLETELY neglecting areas around the corner of the deck and the corner of the house. Similarly, they neglect a sloping side of our house. Since TruGreen has begun caring for our yard, we have a batch of weeds (some kinds I've never before had in my yard) throughout the back yard and down the side of our house. On the side of the house, the weeds have choked out the grass completely.

We've complained; they've come back out a couple of times, but to no avail. Last Monday, TruGreen aerated and overseeded our yard. I stood outside this time and pointed out the areas that had become barren and they did a good job of coverage. This morning - exactly one week later - TruGreen apparently came and 'fertilized' the yard (despite the new seed??).

My wife and I were both here and we had the sliding glass door adjacent to the kitchen open since it was a mild morning. The wide glass door looks out across our deck and entire back yard. We have lots of windows as well and can typically see much of our entire yard. Our sprinkler system had ran at 7:30 am.

At 8:15, I sat down in my office that overlooks our front yard and was shocked to discover a TruGreen sign stuck in the ground out by the street. The receipt attached to the front door said he had been here at 8:01-8:06. Neither did he knock or ring our doorbell (they never do despite the fact that I work from home); the note said it was "too early to knock on (our) door." Neither my wife or I saw the young man in our yard, saw his truck, or heard him. Remember, our sliding glass door to the back yard was open.

We did not see him pass by any of our large windows, hear the gate open or close, or afterward, see any footprints in the tall, wet grass. We would certainly have seen him in the back yard. He may have made a quick pass with a sprayer on the front lawn but that had to have been all that was accomplished. The young man likely made the incorrect assumption that we were still asleep (at 8:00 on a workday!) or not at home.

This is nothing short of fraudulent service and if we ever allow them here again, I will insist that we are aware of their presence and monitor their activities like one would disobedient little children.

Probably, we will simply contract with another company ...one that is honest and reliable.

Review about: Trugreen Trucomplete Lawn Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with Trugreen?

Comments

If you want something done right, do it yourself.

If you don't care then do like we did and move to the country.

I allow The Good Lord to plant and nurture anything He sees fit ; anywhere He thinks it will do well. It is very interesting and really beautiful to let nature play out her own panorama.

We do keep an area clear for the poodle to go outside, but that's about it.

I wouldn't spray all that poison and chemical material all over the place anyhow.

It would make the animals, birds, and yes, insects sick and pollute our well.