Trugreen - Bad service and cheating

I called TruGreen on May 28, 2015 and subscribed one-year service.I also paid one-year expense in advance during the call.

On the call, I emphasized that I only want to try the service for one year as this is the first time that I used the service. Customer service officer is so eager to finalize the contract with me and never told me that one-year contract would automatically be renewed and the so called “one-year” is not a calendar year. Since last June, the serviceman from TruGreen started to come to my house to do the service. My in-law met the guy once and she told me that guy only worked for 5 minutes on my lawn.

My lawn looked so bad now and I have to plant a new lawn. To make things worse, I started to get bill from TruGreen this March. It turned out that “one-year” service is from last June to this Mar, and the one-year contract is automatically renewed without my agreement. I do feel that this company is taking advantage of me and cheating me by not disclosing important information in the very beginning.

Let alone the lousy service it provided.This is really not tolerable.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Lying and not making it right
    • Product or billing
    • Lack of honesty and integrety
    • Did not take responsibility for dead grass

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
I refuse to pay the extra charge after the contract being renewed without my agreement.
Product or service
Trugreen Lawn Care Service
Review category
Landscaping and Gardening
review #832305

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Trugreen? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Trugreen. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Trugreen.
Filing a new complaint about