Trugreen - All They Want Is The Recurring Revenue

Update added by user Mar 07

So I contacted them and they promised follow-up.I get a call a couple days later and it turns out to be a telemarketing call.

I tell the guy I am a dissatisfied customer and spend the next few minutes covincing him I gave been a customer for more than a year. He finally finds me in the system. During his sales process he tells me they will come back out for free. Then he proceeds to tell me that if they come out again, they will charge me as a regular visit.

I told him I am not spending another dime until I see satisfactory results. He relents and agrees to send someone aa a follow-up within 72 hours. Then he tries to sell a tree and shrub package. ARRRGH!

Well no surprise, no show. I called him as gain on the line that is supposed to go to the local office - Call Center!!!

They get him to call me b s ck and he can't remember me. He tslks to too many people. After several minutes of refreshing his brain, he promises Monday.

It is raining today so how much work will I have to do to get them back?

CEO needs to go on Undercover Boss.Get out of your office and save your company.

Original review posted by user Mar 02

I used them before (maybe 10 years ago) and cancelled for the same reasons I need to cancel now. While my grass is greener in the front yard, I still have weeds and they give you no feedback on what you should do to get the lawn they advertise int the pictures.

On the last visit, perhaps 3-4 weeks ago, they claimed they put down a pre-emergent. Well, look at the pictures. I think they missed a few spots. It may be hard to see but I purposely left a few weeds grow. One of them is almost 3 feet high. Perhaps they are mistaking it fir a small tree!

I received an email requesting that I take a satisfaction survey. I did and gave them poor marks. The response at the end of the survey said that since I was dissatisfied that a Manager would be calling. In typical TruGreen fashion, no response.

I could call the local office and complain but I use them because I don't have the time to do it myself. I also do not have the time to chase them down to get what I paid for. If you do it right the first time, we all win.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
    • Some of my grass is greener
  • What I disliked
    • Weeds
    • Poor communication
    • Lack of caring about the customer

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Trugreen Lawn Care
Review category
Landscaping and Gardening
review #801305 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Trugreen? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 07 #1123329

All you have to do is call your local office and they come back out to retreat as.many times as needed. Not all weeds are killed with just one treatment.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Trugreen. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Trugreen.
Filing a new complaint about