TruGreen- INSIDE INFORMATION
To start off with, I was an employee of TruGreen for roughly 5 years. I have extensive knowledge of how the company does business.
Now, before any of you decided to hire TruGreen to do your lawn care for you, consider this... from the beginning.
-The sales rep that you are contacting, works for $10 an hour with a rotten commission structure. Of all the years I worked there, they are pushed to work 9AM- 9PM and 9AM-5PM on Saturday, no overtime. They are reamed out by a rotten sales manager that makes his bonus off of their sales, so... he makes sure to have one sales "rep" stay in charge on saturdays or late night so he can skip out, but will MAKE the reps stay there, just so he hits his bonus. They are treated rotten, and do not have the tools to do their job. Not to say they aren't Slimy (some are of course) but think of that when your talking to them.
-The specific location I worked at (in Western MI) needs some serious restructuring. The so called "Office Manager" Hires all of her friends to work in the front office, and allows them to go smoke marijuana and *** for an hour or two, while the lower paying, harder working office people are left to fend for themselves (taking calls for billing, retention, and complaints). She yells at her employees, has absolutely no sense of judgement and will literally tell her employees (who YOU'RE talking to when you "try" and cancel) that they can tell you whatever they want to, we'll make it happen, which by NO MEANS actually does. Just for an example of her incompetency... the people that used the specific TruGreen I am talking about, had issues with their payments not getting posted in three or more weeks.
*** ***This was because your CREDIT CARD and CHECKING information were sitting in a pile of 300+ on a file cabinet in her office, door wide open to 50+ employees for weeks, because she couldn't "FIND" time to post them....."********
- The "easy pay or pre-pay ONLY" option they say you MUST sign up for when they call you back to "verify" your service... yea, dont let that fool you, you DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT NEED to sign up and they will let you send a check if you tell them you will not sign up unless they allow you to mail it. That's just because the auditor your talking to on the phone gets a bonus of $1.00 per payment to collect that, therefore, He'll be SURE to tell you that's the ONLY way to pay.
AND THE BEST PART... ** AUTO RENEW ** they will ALWAYS come to your house the next season if you do not specifically CALL and cancel. BUT, they do NOT report to a credit agency, and they will NOT make you pay for it. If you refuse, they tell the employees to try and get you to pay half, and they will "Work with you". WRONG! If you refuse, the company policy is they credit you.
The technicians are forced to work 50-60 hours a week, and they get paid chinese overtime, they have one day to do 20 lawns that are way underpriced, and they dont allow them the time to do a great job, because if they do, they literally average about $7.50 an hour without bonus, and bonus only comes when they do more lawns. The techs feel bad about it, but they have to make a living to feed their families.
Sorry this was a novel, there is plenty more, but I figured I would give the small amount of people that read this a chance to know how the inside workings of this company are.
I recommend AAA Lawncare 100%, and used them for 4 out of 5 years that I worked at TruGreen.
Hope this helped!12a0c822 review #291745
You may also like
- "I was having them treat my lawn for fire ants. They treated it once which partially killed some nests. On the second treatment they had some herbicide in..."
- "I've used true green 15 years had same tech about 11 yrs well they switch lady ur to less experienced and he sprayed my beautiful expensive flowers in my walkway..."
- "truegreen been in my house trying to kill all the weeds in a year contract but what they kill was my grass. customer service always play with us and..."
- "Awesome flowers via the $40.00 Off online orders for The Deal of the Day at www.flowerdeliveryexpress.com. Code HOLYTOLEDO. No wonder they have an A+ rating from the Better Business..."
- "I went to Kmart to buy tulips. Which I picked out red ones (that is what was on the little tab in the dirt) I went home and planted about..."
- "Found a Cheeto that I thought was quite toasted...actually saturated in the inside almost like a brownish green liquid. GROSS if you ask me...."
- "Saturday, my mother and I decided to try the Smart Styles salon in Walmart in Mobile, AL on the beltline. We’ll never do that again. They over charged..."
- "Just stopped at Dennys in portage, in. Sorry I did! Ordered ultimate skillet with sunny side eggs, pan was so hot burned the cheese and fried the yolks of..."
- "Ordered a light fixture Item #: 411817 Model #: 1271 SN, which is pictured on line as a 3 light fixture. I received a single light fixture. I called the..."